Monday, May 10, 2010

Tinker Toy Shotguns





A couple of weeks ago we had our neighborhood garage sale. I went out to peruse our neighbor's inventory and spotted a stand up freezer that I had to have. I hurried back home to get Mark and the kids, but before we went out, I told the kids we were only going out to see the stand up freezer and nothing else! As soon as we walked up the lady's driveway, Domenic spotted the huge tin bucket of Tinker Toys. He was so excited and begged to get them. All I could see was a HUGE MESS waiting to happen. My immediate look of disapproval prompted him to go straight to Dad instead of me. He's such a smart boy!

Mark (a.k.a "The Negotiator") talked the lady down to $8 for an almost new set of Tinker Toys. I told Domenic that we could get them, but he had to keep the mess in his room. As usual, my idle threats fell on deaf ears. I'm still tripping over the darn things everyday, however I must admit I'm glad we bought them (just don't tell Domenic I said that). Since then, he's built everything from cars to cages and of course, shotguns. While we were dealing with Julia's tooth drama, he was in his room building an armory. Notice how he even thought to build Mark's bigger. I don't know how he comes up with this stuff, but he definitely keeps things exciting.

4 comments:

christina said...

No kidding he's the "Negotiator!!"

I wish you guys would come visit so I could take Mark shopping.

Molly said...

I love Mark's face in the picture!!!And I need Mark too!!! I need to do some shopping.

Caroline said...

Love it. I don't think you guys have changed any since we lived next door. Now there's just more Cosmes to go around!

Jamie Martin said...

It is so good to see that you have two little boys in your house!!!